Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Sandra Kirilovic's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Sandra Kirilovic

AGE: 22 | HEIGHT: 5'10" | HOMETOWN: NIAGARA FALLS, ON

Sandra Kirilovic is a proud resident of the beautiful city of Niagara Falls, Ontario. Activities that Sandra developed a passion for include: art, fashion, drama, and athletics. In high school, Sandra placed second in the Senior Women’s Double at the Canadian Secondary School Rowing Championships.

After graduating from high school, Sandra moved to London, Ontario, where in June 2008, she graduated from the University of Western Ontario with an Honours Specialization in Psychology. Sandra currently is pursuing her Masters of Environmental Studies in Renewable Energy and Environmental Business & Psychology at York University. Sandra plans to use her degree to work with companies and the government to develop environmentally sustainable practices, laws, and models.

Sandra is a proud member of the Serbian community. Most of her time is devoted to school, family, friends, and volunteer work. Some of her hobbies include: rowing, swimming, art, yoga, and taking her golden retriever puppy, “Cheese,” to the dog park.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? YES
If yes, where? York University
Area of study: Master in Environmental Studies

Are you currently employed? YES
If yes, what is your occupation? Environmental Economics Graduate Assistant

Have you completed secondary school? YES
If yes, where? E.L. Crossley Secondary School

Have you completed university/college? YES
If yes, where? The University of Western Ontario- BA- Honors Specialization in Psychology

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language) English, Serbian, French

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

International baccalaureate training in art, alto saxophone for 4 years, acted in various plays, ballroom dancing

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

Swimming: 10 years
Rowing: 5 years
Figure Skating: 3 years
Gymnastics: 2 years
Softball: 1 Year

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

York University
Master in Environmental Studies
Focus: The psychological and sustainable development of renewable energy in society, business, and government.
Graduation Date: 2011

The University of Western Ontario
Bachelor of Arts
Honors Specialization in Psychology
May 2008

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

SOS Childrens Village, Sick Kid’s Hospital, World Wildlife Fund, The Humane Society, various environmental based charities.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My ideal job would be to consult businesses, organizations, and government about social perceptions of renewable energy and tactics for implementation, mediation, enforcement, and development of green energy.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

My high school rowing coach influenced my life the most because he taught me that with hard-work and perseverance, anyone can accomplish anything. Since then I have continued to challenge myself with goals and work to achieve or surpass these goals.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

In my first year of rowing, I believe I may have come last in every race that I was in. Needless to say, I was quite discouraged. Yet, I never gave up on myself. After training for six hours a day, seven days a week, in my last year of high school I came second in the senior women's double at the Canadian Secondary School Championships.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

In my path to working in the environmental sector, I am currently attending a prestigious Master in Environmental Studies program at York University.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born and raised in the beautiful and multicultural nation of Canada. When people ask me what my childhood was like, I always tell them to go watch the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” Serbians, like many other Europeans, are very similar to the Greeks. My childhood was filled with lots of family, love, and of course… food.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

The most unusual job I have ever had was habituating rats for a psychology lab (no animals were harmed here). Basically, I had to hold and pet rats all day so they would “like” humans.

List any volunteering you have done.

I have volunteered with countless organizations, events, and fundraisers. Some of these events and fundraisers have included fashion shows, galas, dinners, sporting events, dances, auctions, and many more.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place I have been is Tulum, a site that is a part of the Mayan ruins not too far from Cancun, Mexico. Tulum was a fenced community that served as a fortress to protect against invasion. Much of the architecture at Tulum suggests that the site was also a place of worship for the Mayans. The reason Tulum is the most interesting place I have been is because it combines the beauty of nature with the magnificence of history. Seeing all the ancient structures and hearing all the information that the tour guide provided was an enlightening experience. As well, the beauty of the Yucatan peninsula is breathtaking. Tulum is located on a cliff beside the ocean. I have never in my life seen such beauty both visually and historically.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

Every woman in this competition is beautiful, and I do firmly believe that. I think what sets me apart from the other women is my personality. I am a very intelligent and well-spoken individual, but at the same time my charm and kind heart prevents people from seeing me as boastful and arrogant. I am the kind of girl that someone of any intellect, social status, or background can have a great conversation with and become my new friend. I thank my degree in psychology for this because it has shown me to be aware of myself and others, and to make positive connections. I would like to think that I would be the kind of Miss Universe Canada that children can look up to, my peers would be impressed with, and my elders would respect. I think I would be a great spokeswoman for Canada and the Beauties of Canada organization as well as a positive image for today's modern woman.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

My philosophy in life is this: Aim for the stars, but settle for the moon. The idea behind this philosophy is to push yourself to the maximum because it is only when you dream big that you will win big. But at the same time it is important to remember that a discrepancy between one's ultimate goal and their actual achievement should be looked upon with pride. This philosophy has helped me to go as far as I possibly can in life and be content and satisfied with my accomplishments.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years I simply hope to be happy. I hope that I will have a successful career and be surrounded by friends and family. I love Canada and there is nothing more that I want than to live in this country in a community that I am proud of and an active citizen in.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

According to celebrity matching programs on the internet that determine what celebrity you look like, I have always been paired up with Natalie Glebova. As “accurate” as I am sure these websites are, I will not question my facial comparison to a former Miss Universe :D

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.