Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Meghan Rountree's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Meghan Rountree

AGE: 21 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: RED DEER, AB

Determination, a positive attitude and strong family support are what keep Meghan motivated to achieve all her goals. Currently a student at Red Deer College, Meghan is working on her Bachelor of Science with plans to apply to medical school within the next few years. With this, Meghan hopes to one day be able to volunteer her time overseas.

Growing up in Alberta, Meghan was always busy with sports and many other extracurricular activities. Along with figure skating all her life and winning numerous medals as a competitive skater, Meghan also found time for school sports, winning athlete of the year 2 years in a row, piano lessons, and voice lessons, attaining certificates in both.

As her hobbies, Meghan enjoys skating, training for different charity runs, reading, being active outdoors, and spending quality time with friends and family. One of Meghan's most memorable moments was travelling coast to coast, camping, hiking and fishing with family, while experiencing all of the beauty and cultural diversity Canada has to offer.

Academics, sports and community involvement have always been a vital part of Meghan's life. She enjoys the opportunity of helping younger kids learn to skate, volunteering at the local food bank, as well as raising money and awareness for numerous non profitable organizations such as SOS children's villages, The Cancer Foundation, Doctors without Borders, World Vision, and most recently has been active doing her part to help efforts in Haiti, fundraising and volunteering as an MC for numerous charitable events.

Meghan believes the opportunity of becoming Miss Universe Canada will provide a platform to bring more awareness of the world hunger crisis, Aids and the growing need for medical assistance in third world countries. Alone, one cannot do everything, but we can all do something. Do not let what you cannot do, interfere with what you can.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where? Yes, at Red Deer College
Area of study: Sciences

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation? No I am a Full time Student

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?

Not yet unfortunatelyL

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
English, and some German

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

I took Piano for 6 years while I was younger, I took singing lessons for 4 years, was in band for 2 years, high school choir for 2 and am currently beginning to learn how to play guitar.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I figure skated for 18 years, played volleyball for 3, badminton for 4, soccer for 2, baseball for 2, basketball for 3, was in track for 3(all while in school) and currently train for marathons each year to raise money for non profit organizations.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I am currently attending Red Deer College.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Breast Cancer Foundation, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision, Food Bank

What would be your "dream job" in life?

To work as a Doctor in Canada as well as volunteer overseas helping others as well as coaching younger kids how to skate.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

My Grandparents helped shape me into the determined person I am. They taught me to be good to everyone and how important it is to have good morals. I love my family greatly.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

My schooling, finishing every year off well makes me feel great!

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

My career ambition is to become a Doctor and open up my own clinic as well as work overseas. To accomplish this I am getting involved with organizations overseas to start helping out now, as well as working hard at school to hopefully get into med school.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in Northern Alberta in a small town with lots of wild life, lakes and scenery to enjoy all the time. I could walk anywhere at anytime and be safe which was so great because I was able to explore a lot. My parents put me in many different sports and gave me a lot of opportunity to do what I wanted and to try different things. We lived across the street from the arena and the tennis/basketball courts and so I could go with my brothers at any time and skate or just play and do whatever. My parents are the greatest. My grandparents lived two doors down and I would go over there everyday and eat fresh vegetables out of my Grandmas garden. I ate so many cucumbers that my Grandpa started calling me his little gerkin girl (gerkin is German for pickle) and the relationship I had with my grandparents was incredible. I miss my Grandpa more then anything. Overall I had a great childhood and I could not have asked for more freedom or more love from the people around me.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

List any volunteering you have done.

Food bank
Helping teach kids to skate at Can Skate
Events that raised money for struggling families

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

New Brunswick

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I’m very grounded and determined. I know that it takes work to get what I want and I am willing to work hard to achieve what I want. I have very high aspirations in life, for myself but also for the good of mankind.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

Never settle. The only person that can decide your future and how far you can go is you.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

I hope to be working as a Doctor and be running my own organization that raises money to feed hungry people in different countries and is involved with sending doctors overseas to spend time helping treat those that need medical attention.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I love to laugh!!! I love people and life, we have been given a great gift of life, I like to enjoy it and not take advantage of it.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.